At the beginning of the summer, I made a mental list in my head of all the random things I wanted to accomplish this summer, some small, some big. Let's take a look at how I'm doing so far and what else I have to get done!
1. Landscape our backyard - done!
2. Host a bbq for all of our friends - happening on Aug 2nd :)
3. Learn to play golf - kinda done - I need to work on my swing a bit more before I can hit the course!
4. Go boating on Lake Michigan - hasn't happened yet, but plans are in the works :)
5. Organize our extra bedroom - ugh... let's just say I've been keeping the door shut so I don't have to look at it.
6. Buy a bike and take bike rides with my hubby, Jim - he bought me one for our anniversary and we took our first ride last night! The saying is true about once you learn to ride a bike, you'll always remember because I haven't been on one in about 15 years - I didn't fall off, but my tush is sore!
7. Get an area rug for our basement - why has this been so difficult to find?!
8. Start a blog - here we go!
9. Read The Daily Five - almost done!
10. Go to Jim's softball games - I've been going every Wednesday for the past 7 years, but I knew this summer would be a bit more difficult since we moved out of the city. I love watching him play and I don't mind the sometimes hour and a half drive to the north side :) plus, the chicken quesadilla I get after is totally worth it!
11. Host a book club meeting at my new house - happening next Tuesday! We are reading Summer House with Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
12. Start cooking more - Jim is the main cook in our house, and to be honest, we both like it that way! I did make a mean spaghetti sauce but that's about it. We cook on our grill a lot, and I won't even dare touch that thing ;)
13. Visit the farmer's market by my house - not yet! It's only on Wednesdays so maybe this week or next!
14. Meet our new neighbors and have them over - I've met them and the girl next door is my age, and a teacher - WIN! Jim even went to high school with her husband - how crazy is that?! We've invited them over a couple times, but summer is so busy for everyone it hasn't worked out yet.
15. Workout 3-4 times a week - I hate to say this, but even with all the extra time, this hasn't been getting done. I take my dog, Willy, for daily walks, but I need to add in some weight training! Come on, Jantz!
I've got a lot to do before school starts on the 15th! What's on your summer bucket list?
|Cruisin' the neighborhood :)|