Sunday, March 26, 2017

sol17 #26: saving the earth one plastic bag at a time

I'm almost embarrassed to say that up until today, I've never brought reusable bags to the grocery store with me. I've been trying to be more conscious about reusing and recycling, but for some reason, whenever I leave for the store, I always forget our stash of cloth bags.

Before I left for my usual Sunday morning grocery run, I refilled the dog's water. The closet where we keep the reusable bags is right next to the water bowl, so as I was setting it down, it reminded me to grab the bags.

As I was unloading my cart at the cashier, I proudly handed over my reusable bags. Normally, I walk out with 8-10 plastic bags of groceries for the week, but all of my groceries fit into THREE of my cloth bags. Yes, three. I couldn't believe it! They didn't need to bag my eggs separate like they do with the plastic, or double bag my juice/milk containers. Everything fit so neatly into my sturdy reusable bags. Voila. I will be sure to bring them with me every time!




1 comment:

  1. I need to do the same! I think that you will remember next time since the reusable bags worked so well!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...