Sunday, March 25, 2018

sol18: a mother's intuition

When I was pregnant with James, we kept his gender a surprise. People would constantly ask if I had any inclination whether it was a boy or a girl. I never did. Some weeks I felt stronger that the baby growing inside me was a girl, and some weeks, I felt it was for sure a boy.

I would go back and forth for almost the entire 9 months, until the day before he was born. I was pacing the house making sure everything was in it's place. I walked into the baby's room to sit in the rocker and I vividly pictured a little boy in my arms. I looked over at the changing table and could envision myself changing a boy. I stood up to take a peek at the crib and pictured a baby boy sleeping soundly in there. I went down to practice pushing the stroller and visualized taking a boy for a walk around the neighborhood. The mama-roo in our living room, I imagined a little boy softly rocking.

Everything I came across that day, a baby boy was attached to it. That was my very first case of mother's intuition. <3


2 comments:

  1. I love how you expressed the moments of knowing. They're so full of love and excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. Mother's intuition is an amazing thing that probably only non-moms doubt. Your love for James even before you met him F2F comes through so well in this slice!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...