Wednesday, March 14, 2018

sol18: when you know better, you do better

"When you know better, you do better."

This quote rings true in a lot of aspects of life, but lately for me, it's been living a "cleaner" lifestyle. I always thought I was a pretty healthy person - watching what I eat/eating unhealthy things (mostly) in moderation, until I had a baby. I started to learn that living a healthier lifestyle meant a lot more than just the foods we eat.

I began to research what a "cleaner" home looks like and found things like always removing your shoes at the door (think about where your shoes have been throughout the day - kinda gross), using safer cleaning products that don't contain toxic chemicals, using wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets, using safer skincare for all of us, making sure James's toys don't contain harmful toxins since he tends to put lots of them near and in his mouth, not burning scented candles (this one is hard since I love them!), making sure our furniture doesn't contain the toxic flame retardant chemical, and the list goes on...

It would have been very overwhelming, and I would have gone crazy trying to do all of this at once, but the more I found out about toxic items in our home, the more intentional I became about replacing them. We are far from living a perfectly clean lifestyle, but the more I know, the better I do!







3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how one thing leads to another, changing our lenses to do better. I completely agree with the shoe idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me to take a closer look at my house and the toxins that could be infused through any sort of interaction. Small details make a big difference. Thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...