Monday, March 19, 2018

sol18: the rubber chips

"Stop throwing those!"
"Leave them on the ground."
"Take them out of your pocket!"
"Stop burying yourself in them!"
"Don't bring those inside!"
"Why do you have that in your mouth?"

I don't know what it is about the rubber chips on the playground, but the kids are obsessed with them. They like to cover themselves and fill their pockets with the tire chips like they are some kind of currency. Everyday during recess duty, my coworker Jess and I say all of the above statements... sometimes two or three times each during a twenty minute timespan. I won't ever understand the fascination behind them. They are dirty, germy, and I hate to even walk in them!


3 comments:

  1. They are the grossest things. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the worst! Some of my kiddos like to lay in them and make "snow angels"...I have no idea what the fascination is. In their mouth too?! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...