Thursday, March 26, 2015

sol15 #26: question of the day

In my 4th grade guided reading group, one of my students and I write notes back and forth to each other in her notebook. We talk about reading, things happening at school and home, and she always ends with a question of the day. Today's question was, "What would you be if you could be something famous?"

After answering her question (I said I would love to be famous for starting a company that helps others in need), I began thinking... this is such a great way to start the day with a group of students or even a whole class. :)




3 comments:

  1. It is so great that you have this type of communication with this student! What a great question, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great question and answer! Thinking of a question of the day is such an interesting choice for your student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun way to communicate with your student. Great question! I'm teaching biographies now and I'd like to pose that question to my kiddos to see what they're thinking. I'm also asking myself... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...