Saturday, March 7, 2015

sol15 #7: where is the chicken?!

I round the corner into the parking lot of the little family-owned grocery store by our house. I check my list one last time before going in, planning the quickest route to get my things. Inside, I grab a basket and am off on my journey. Power walking through the store, I fill my basket with fruit, veggies, lunchmeat, meals for the week, and some other odds and ends. I don't have to wait at the checkout line (yes!), so I pay for my things, grab the bags, and head back out to the car. I strategically place them in the trunk to avoid them all rolling around, and head home.

After bringing the bags inside, I begin unloading. Lunchmeat in the fridge, pretzels in the pantry, frozen chicken in the freezer... wait... where's the frozen chicken? Frantically searching the bags and coming up empty, I run back out to the car. Nothing. Back inside, I check my receipt. Yes, I bought it. Where is the chicken?!

Knowing that this isn't the first time I've left a bag at the store, I immediately think back to the person bagging my groceries. Did they fail to give me a bag? Did I forget to pick up the bag? Either way, I get back in my car, drive to the store, and there inside, sitting at the customer service desk, is my chicken.


5 comments:

  1. Has happened to me several times. Twice my bags were still there, once I had to go back through the store shopping again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has happened to me several times. Twice my bags were still there, once I had to go back through the store shopping again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small corner stores like that are so wonderful. Hope it didn't take too long to go back for the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done that before...One time the lady came running after me calling...Glad you found your chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So aggravating!!! I could sense just how perfectly planned your trip to the local grocery mart was - and then the missing bag. Oh, yes. I've been there! This slice was so relatable! Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...