Thursday, March 22, 2018

sol18: christmas morning

I woke up 15 minutes before my alarm went off, excited and full of anticipation. I got ready with a little more pep in my step, and tidied up some loose ends around the house.

I looked at the clock - only 6 a.m. James was still sound asleep. I cracked an egg into a pan, made some toast, and actually sat down for a hot breakfast. I checked my weather app, only 27 degrees, but I didn't care. I scrolled through some of my other apps trying to pass time.

As I enjoyed the last sips of my coffee, my phone screen lit up.


It's like Christmas morning. :)



1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I'm glad he's home. I'm sure it was a great day today!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...