Saturday, March 17, 2018

sol18: fresh flowers make my home feel cleaner

Part of my weekly Mariano's trip involves a swing through the flower department to pick out a bouquet or two. I don't know why, but fresh flowers always make me feel like our home is more put together, tidier, cleaner, I don't know... Does anyone else get me on this?

As I was perusing the buckets to see which ones we should settle on for this week, I noticed a gorgeous bouquet of Ranunculus. These are right up there with my other favorites, tulips. The soft peach color stood out to me, along with the one huge bloom that I couldn't say no to. I held them up to James for approval, he immediately stuck his hand out to touch the petals, and they went into our cart. 

I haven't cleaned a single thing today, but these fresh flowers make my home feel like I did!




4 comments:

  1. Those are so gorgeous, they look fake! And they are James approved so even better! I totally agree with you about flowers making the house feel cleaner and fresher :) I just picked up yellow tulips from Mariano's the other day! Trader Joe's also has beautiful bouquets. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I felt compelled to buy myself a bouquet of flowers from Trader Joe's today! I also haven't cleaned anything (yet!). I love the vase in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! Fresh flowers rock! When I am in the city I always want to just choose those fresh blooms to bring home, somehow they always look better shown off in sidewalk settings than the ones I see in the grocery stores at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! Those are gorgeous! I need to fill up my vase ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...