Wednesday, March 7, 2018

sol18 #7: yes, I'm crying!!!

Put the puzzle together, take the puzzle apart, build a tower, knock it down, read 10 books, dance to a song, go downstairs to play, come back up...

All in a matter of 10 minutes. I have a busy toddler. He NEVER sits still.

Except the other day, he climbed on the couch next to me, linked his arm into mine, pulled the blanket over us, pointed to my phone and said, "Pish" (his word for pictures). 

James loves looking at pictures and watching videos of himself. So for 15 minutes we sat, watched "old" videos of when James was teeny, looked at recent pictures of James playing outside, and I cried. 

My husband came out of his office, looked at us, was about to turn the other direction because he didn't want to ruin the moment, but said, "ARE YOU CRYING?!" 

Yes, I'm crying! Crying because my little boy is actually sitting still, crying because he's showing affection, crying because he's no longer a baby, crying because we need to take more videos of him, crying because I never knew I could love so much... 



7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is precious! What a dear moment to capture! What a sweet toddler you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be crying too! So glad you captured this in a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Me three!! I hope to have a son so badly some day!!

      Delete
  4. Invest in tissues ... you've only just begun!! Take TONS of photos and videos -- you will treasure them always. I love that he loves to look at them and I love how you captured the moment. I could hear your voices and felt tucking into the couch with you.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet slice! This is a slice that you will definitely want to revisit as he continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special moment to save for the future. I loved reading this one, Jantz!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...