Monday, March 26, 2018

sol18: feeling coachy

There we were, sitting at my round table talking all things early literacy: what characteristics we see in early level text, how to teach CVC words, the weird schwa sound, how butterfly kits will fit in with our standards/next unit of study; We watched a video of a student sharing her writing (chills), and this teacher helped me pick out some resources we would need for next year.

We scheduled our meeting for a half hour (ending at 2:20), but we were so deep in conversation that neither of us realized that the clock read 2:43!

This is my first year as a literacy coach and some days I leave work feeling more coachy than other days. Today is one of those days. :)




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very fulfilling meeting! I am a coach too and days like this is what keeps me going (that and the times I get to work with kids directly!). I hope the rest of your week follows suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your commitment, it shows in this slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an awesome coach! We are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...