Saturday, March 3, 2018

sol18 #3: waking up early is my jam

I've always been an early riser. I take after my dad, who takes after his dad. Up before the sun shines to enjoy some quiet time and get house chores done, so we can make the most of the day.

Since James was born 18 months ago, I really love my quiet (weekend) mornings. I try to balance the couple hours I have to myself by slowly drinking coffee, watching the news and reading, with running around like a chicken with my head cut off to get the dishwasher unloaded, start laundry, fold laundry (that usually doesn't get done) ;) and prepare any food we'll need for the day, so mealtimes are easier. #momlife

This morning is a little different. I've parked myself at my dining room table, the sun beginning to peek through the window. I'm going through my camera roll on my phone (photos are some of my inspiration for slices), and I'm writing. Dishes haven't been put away, laundry hasn't been switched over, but this quiet writing time is the perfect start to my day.

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone!



9 comments:

  1. We're early birds around here too. Best part of the day! But sometimes, I'm tired by the time I get to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're early birds around here too. Best part of the day! But sometimes, I'm tired by the time I get to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I woke TOO early, but I love my early mornings too and try to savor them too. A new routine will take hold this month for you. I hope your day does well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read this quote:
    Mornings like these, he told her, strengthened them against the trials of the day, sent them out in protective gear that warded off disaster. (from About the Night by Anat Talshir)
    It pushed me to rethink my morning routine and wondered if I was doing anything for myself to get myself ready for the day ahead. You remind me of the joys of getting up early. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Early morning writer here, too. There's just something about getting words down before the day's details get in the way. Glad you took a moment to sit and write this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we just need that quiet time to ourselves to reflect and writing is the best way to do that! All the other stuff will get done eventually! Have an awesome and relaxing day! You deserve it!
    Jackie Rubin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love quiet time. Forget the laundry! Enjoy that beautiful sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely! I'm so glad you took some quiet time this morning : ) I did the same, I'm enjoying reading all these blogs! Have a fun LONG weekend with your beautiful boy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mornings too! I used to feel guilty not getting to yoga early, but now I go in the late morning and enjoy the quiet time and sunshine, too!

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...