Tuesday, March 20, 2018

sol18: major mom fail

James was tucked in his chair gobbling down blueberry pancakes with his fork. I was in the kitchen flipping the next batch, admiring how golden brown they were. Then, I hear it. 

Drip... drip... drip...

I look over our breakfast bar to see that James had stretched his arms across the table and grabbed hold the maple syrup, which I left the cap off of (face palm). He so proudly had it upside down in his hands. All 10 ounces of the sticky contents were in his lap, soaking him down to his diaper. The syrup and seeped into the crevices of his booster chair, through the little holes in our metal chairs, and was now forming a nice puddle on the floor.

I remained calm (something that I'm proud of), took the syrup bottle out of his hands (which greatly disappointed him), and mentally planned out the cleanup process.

Luckily the bath off our dining room is in good view of the syrup puddle, so I started the water and threw James in. He happily played in there while I got lots of towels, warm water, and cleaner.

It was quicker than I thought and we were all good as new a mere 10 minutes later. I'm sure I'll come across some sticky spots as the day goes on, but lesson learned - close everything tightly and leave it out of reach (even further than you think)!










7 comments:

  1. Sticky situation, Jantz, but you answered it like a boss!
    and that face palm part - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that's a good mess. has all the earmarks of a doozy. way to stay calm. remember the success of your demeanor when he tops this one because I'm sure he will. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!! My first thought was oh man, that's going to be tough to clean up, but glad it wasn't too bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes!!! My first thought was oh man, that's going to be tough to clean up, but glad it wasn't too bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You remind us how we have to put things higher up and farther out as our babies grow!
    But what I really love about your piece is the idea of a mom fail. No mom who is serving homemade blueberry pancakes is failing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. That's going to stay an awesome memory forever! And a major fail at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an incredible mom. James is lucky to have such a patient woman to to be his mom.

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...