Tuesday, March 28, 2017

sol17 #28: baby pictures

I've been back at work for 4 months now and this whole working mom thing is getting a bit "easier" to juggle. I knew that some "firsts" would happen while I was at work, but I wasn't prepared for how I would react.

Jim and his mom brought James to a doctor's appointment this morning and they went out to breakfast after. Around 9:30, Jim texts me a picture of James sitting in a restaurant high chair for the first time!

Of course, I smiled from ear-to-ear, but also felt a little sad that I wasn't there to witness it. I know, I'm crazy because it's just sitting in a high chair, and not his first word. But still, I wanted to be there!

Maybe it was a good thing that this "first" was something as little as sitting in a high chair. It's mentally preparing me for other firsts that will happen while I'm at work.

Thank goodness that my husband gets to see it and I get a sweet picture or video. :)




5 comments:

  1. Awww, they were sharing it with you, so sweet! It's hard to not be there, but we are fortunate that we can get those pictures right away now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer's coming! I hope you have plenty of time to spend with your little guy then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not crazy! You're a mom who loves her little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope tons of first happen on vacation and during the summer....and from MY point of view...every first YOU WITNESS is also a first....hand in there momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing the firsts are hard, but there are a lot of them. :) There is always a first time for everything, right?

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...