Saturday, March 4, 2017

sol17 #4: girls night

Friday night plans are hard. Just plain hard. Any teacher knows that by Friday at 3pm, all you want to see in your near future is your bed.

Well, I knew I wasn't going to see my bed until well after my usual bedtime. I had plans in my calendar for a while to go to my friend Sara's for a girls night and even though I was exhausted, I was very much looking forward to a night out with my great friends, and some I haven't seen in a few months!

After sitting in traffic for almost 2 hours (insert large eye roll emoji), I walk into her home, grab a plate, and fill it with some yummy apps. I took a deep breath, sat down, and just relaxed - ahhh... Girl talk and good food was exactly the type of calm and relaxation I needed after a long week. :)


5 comments:

  1. Yep! I'm pretty sure that feeling is one shared with most teachers. It always makes me laugh to see how many teacher shirts I see at Friday Happy Hours. But there's nothing like that girl time. I'm glad you go to relax and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good girl's night! Honestly I don't always look forward to a girls night cuz like you said I'm exhausted after teaching all day. But I am ALWAYS glad once I get there. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just how you feel about Friday nights. Wrote about that myself! Your writing in your last paragraph really helps me picture that exhale moment you had when you'd arrived and found your spot with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A night with the girls is always a wonderful relaxer! I loved that you built anticipation with the length of your wait on the highway and the feeling when your finally reached your destination! Glad you a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

sol18: it's okay to cry

Being a parent requires an insane amount of patience, love, and understanding. It's the best and hardest job in the world. It means mis...